Monday 23 June 2014

The Day I Joined Husan {Hungry Student Association of Nigeria}.


     As I sat in class waiting for the lecturer, I couldn’t help noticing the different personalities present in the classroom; there were those who’s heads were buried in their books (Jackos), Phone Freaks, others who were visible engaged with their mobile phones and Gadgets, Also there were the silent ones who weren’t doing anything but kept mute and then, there were those who wouldn’t keep silent for a second and kept on polluting the environment with noise.
      I was about putting myself into one of those groups when the lecturer entered the class, As the class was Rowdy and Noisy only a few noticed his presence in time, to avoid a very proportionate mixture of karate, Boxing ,wrestling skills and curses he had directed at them, As soon as the class had become quiet and everyone had been seated he released the bomb; that my class had performed badly in the previous examination he had coordinated, I could have sworn that I felt my heart skip a beat even though I wasn’t scared or afraid.
    The lecture finally began, the lecturer’s tone and topic coupled with the fact that I hadn’t taken breakfast before coming to class made the class very uninteresting and boring, I wondered why boring lectures seem longer and interesting ones shorter, I however kept praying for the lecture to end as The only Thing on My Mind Was Food It was clear that I belonged to Husan (Hungry Student Association of Nigeria) at that particular point in time.
    Just as it had begun the lecture ended an hour thirty minutes later, I was free to go, and I immediately rushed to the canteen and helped myself to some solid food that I felt satiated the hunger was gone and so was my membership at Husan (Hungry Student Association of Nigeria).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...